I grew up in La Porte City, IA and met my wife, Sara, at the University Of Iowa College Of Dentistry. We have a son named Julien, three cats, and two dogs. I really enjoy traveling, hunting, skiing, watching movies, and spending time with my family and friends!
My journey to become a pediatric dentist started with coaching middle school football while I was at the University of Northern Iowa. I truly loved that experience and was so proud of my team. After this I knew I wanted to work with children. Eventually, I applied to dental school at the University Of Iowa College Of Dentistry and was accepted! I knew very early on that pediatric dentistry was what I wanted to spend my life doing. So, during dental school, I applied to various pediatric dental residencies and was accepted to Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry. We loved our time in Virginia but wanted to move back to the Midwest. We eventually decided to move to Eau Claire and the rest is history.
One of the things I value most in life is community. I grew up in a very small town and learned from a young age that you should always give back to your community. I feel very fortunate and blessed to be able to give back to the families of the Chippewa Valley.
Professional Licensure and Certification
- State Licensure Wisconsin State Dental Board
- BLS Certified—Basic Life Support
- AAPD, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- ADA, American Dental Association
- WDA, Wisconsin Dental Association
- University of Northern Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology 2006–2010
- University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics, DDS
- Dental School to earn DDS degree, 2012–2016
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, Certificate Pediatric Dentistry & MSD
- Residency in Pediatric Dentistry, 2016–2018
- Pediatric Dentist at SIM July 2018 to Present
- Iowa Mission of Mercy
- Give Kids a Smile Day
- Chippewa Falls Clinic
- Menomonie Clinic
- Rice Lake Clinic